Friday, March 13, 2009
















Twenty hours are ticking away between me and my new life. Twenty hours from this moment I will be sitting in a plane, baby on my lap, husband on the highway, dreams packed tight. Twenty one hours from now I will land on new soil and begin planting a brand new life. Spring has arrived for my family. For us, this winter of darkness and overturned plans, broken expectations, wonderings and wanderings, is finally giving way to a season of light and hope. For my little family, twenty hours from now marks a new beginning, the tangible leap into a life less loaded.










I am leaving behind some boxes in storage and some friends beyond measure. If I could choose, I would pack the friends and leave the boxes behind. I wait for their coming spring; their own time of light and life and hope. They have been my roots in this place.










This morning we loaded the truck and teeny utility trailer. Unfortunately, I peeked under the trailer and realized that the entire load is being carried by one tiny rusted axle and two tiny tiny tires. J will be hauling this through the mountains for 12+ hours. Frankly, I am quite anxious for the safety of my husband. If you happen to think of him in the next day and a bit.....










Here are some pictures from our last moments.










0 comments: