Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I feel so inspired today!
I'm not sure what has brought about the change, but I could feel it stirring and I can finally see it in points of attitude and action. I am filling with a growing desire to contribute more and dig in and let go and...welll, go all in. I think that anyone who has experienced or witnessed ups and downs and changes quite near each other will develop a hesitancy to fully invest or fully let go of all plan B's. It's just what happens, no matter how much we say we don't or won't or, whatever. But today I found myself in this small-town outdoor apparell store charging up all kinds of tough ranch-specific outdoor clothes (courtesy of my ridiculously generous employer), skipping through manure sporting my new canvas Carhartt vest, learning to use J's drill so I could help with the winterizing of the barn, and planning out an evening of apple pie creation. It's different. For today, it doesn't feel like work so much as contribution to community. And that my friends is why we are here on this mountain in this very foreign life.

I love the teeny glimpses of light through fog and hope upon plateaus.

I smell like barn.... I should go!

1 comments:

Farmama said...

Good for you for delving right in! I often smell like barn too....it's a good smell!
love from Colorado,
Sara