Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2nd. How bland! If I were a calendar date I would not want to be January 2nd. What can this date offer? Increased girths, first day of the dreaded diet, arrival of the credit card bill from last months consumption, stale hangovers, back-to-work, dry trees, dirty snow. Ha!
OR.
Perhaps.
The full-out application of the New Year. January 1st is totally a practice round as it's still all glowing and festive, but the 2nd, well, that's when the fresh calendar gets down to business.

Anyways. I'm a little unsure where to go in my writing these next months as anything following the last 12 seems rather dull. I have no wish for some dramatic event to share with you next week or month; I'm really quite content to bunker down and dissapear for awhile. However, life will happen so away we go.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

This January 2nd is a palindrome or whatever it's called! 2010 - 0102. I think that's cool. :)

audrey chernowas said...

Deanna, your words are beautiful! Thank you for your sincerity, honesty and wisdom. I look forward to following you on your journey.
Audrey