Monday, January 4, 2010

The past couple of days have been enlightening and helpful.
In our days of settling into home, attempting the start of a 'fresh new year', and recognizing our desperate need for rest, we were confronted with unexpected criticism and discouraging reviews. In the midst of it and with back-to-back loyalty, we were thankful for the interaction. Eagar to apply what we've learned and serve those around us with gladness, we've being reminded again how confusing life on earth can be. It's a little tricky, but I can now say that I truly am ready for anything. Well.... no, I can't, but I'm getting closer to being open to anything that comes in form of voice or thought or experience.

I suppose we really never know what will be presented to us. We can not control the actions and attitudes of others, we just can't. But we can and must have our own attitudes in hand. I am forever responsible for my reactions, responses, and 'next steps'. I am responsible to be in good conscience, no matter what. So I will :)

On the flip side, this past week I also received several encouraging messages and notes from readers of this blog. THANK YOU so much for the kind words and the sense of community and shared life you have gifted me with. I welcome notes like these and would love to know if you have been following along on this journey.

Anyways. Our yummers dinner of lentil burgers and salad is done and we are nearing baby bed time. The snow is still falling and we will be shovelling and plowing most of the day tomorrow. But now, to the home fire and the love near it.

0 comments: