Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do you ever have evenings where you just are brimming with contentment? Tonight is like that. Truth be told, life isn't always peachy up here. J and I are often in conflict as we work through discussion of philosophy, theology, and general 'life'. My body continues to push against me; somedays with maddening force and insight. There is always another task or project which could be done, if we were willing to give all of our time to the work of our hands. All that is to say: Today we worked incredibly hard, navigated through the points of conflict, triumphed through physical aches and limites, partnered with the kiddo, and emerged into the evening with a sense of productivity and hope of rest. The next couple of hours are ours alone. There are nachoes in the oven, wine ready to be poured, and a bedroom cozy with firelight.
This evening is am brimming over with a full cup, and it is good.

J is putting Jem to bed now as the wind howls. The wind up here is phenomenal. Seriously! It shakes this whole timber home as though it were a child's toy! The power just cut out so we've gathered the kerosene lamps to have on hand, just in case. We live 'off the grid', using a generator. I'm not sure if it's the wind or a generator issue, but we could have a funny night ahead (hmm...that might cut out the movie aspect of our date night....)

Anyways.

My skin smells like citronella and sweet orange and  lavender from my days work. My hands are rough and my back aches. I live in a millionaire's home and scrub the mantle on hands and knees; ah the sweet life! I love this beautiful beautiful life and the fact that I can sit this evening and drink of it.

0 comments: