Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My son is laughing uncontrollably as his dad reads a picture book of animals. Whenever Jem points at the turkey J goes, "gobble gobble gobble!!!" and it is SO funny! We're all laughing now :)

Today was well spent. As some may have read earlier, I have fallen in love with teeny little tartlets. I just use a mini-muffin pan and one of two favorite pastry recipes to create incredible morsels of yumminess. They're such adorable little bites that I just can't resist making more of them and experimenting with more flavours! So far I've made pumpkin-toffee, brandied-nut, and maple-apple. Next up are butter ones, and maybe soemting like cranberry whitechocolate...hmmm.... But yeah, I highly recommend playing with these. They freeze well, present nicely, and can provide a lot of variety to a dessert plate. And they soothe a baking-addict's desire when needed ;)

Do any of you live in a log home? I concocted an amazing cleaner today. Basically, hot water and baking soade with citronella essential oil (not fragrance oil). I think any citrus-based oil would work well. But yeah, it really cut into the grime on the wood railings, ledges, cupboards, and table. I didn't even know they were the light yellow color that I uncovered--yikes!!!
Random: I also made a seriously potent mouth wash! I used organic cranberry juice (with NO sweetener! Very expensive, only available in health food stores), witch hazel, and pure mint oil. WOW! It's refreshing, antibacterial, and whitening!

It's soon bedtime for baby--yay! I am SO tired these days. My body is feeling wonky and I"m not sure why :( We had a nice evening together and I think we're all ready for a cozy evening of reading and an early bedtime.

5 comments:

Missy said...

your cleaners sound great as do your tartlets!
One note on the cranberry juice mouth wash. I used to buy the organic/no sugar stuff for UTIs (so much better than regular) and I discovered that it was actually very hard on my teeth (ate at the enamel). May have just been how much I was drinking but I just wonder about rinsing with it regularly. What do you think?

Dea' said...

Ohh...umm...I don't know!!! I never thought of that! Hmm...I'll look into that-- yikes. Thanks Miss' :)

Kmarie said...

Hey you should post your tartlets recipe:) Yummers... as I remember you saying...I miss hearing that:) ..and all your other little sayings.
Do you have the flu or is this an ongoing thing?
Enjoy your cleaning and baking!

Marissa said...

Let me know what you find out because I would love to try your mouthwash combo

Anonymous said...

yeah that mouthwash thing sounds great!!!
erin b