Monday, November 30, 2009

Our day began with above 0 temperatures, a happy baby, and apple-laden oatmeal-- perfect! I chored at the barn while J prepared to head to the cabin. Jeremiah ran about clad in long Johns, slippers, and a plaid woolen vest; chalk in one hand, the family's tooth brushes in another. What a blissful start to the day :)

We enjoyed pasta swimming in garlic, fresh walnuts, pears, salmon, feta, and balsamic vinegar for supper (it was honestly SO good! Seriously. You have to try a sweet/savory walnut concoction with pasta. Awesome!). Now the dishes are done, the diapers are hanging, the baby is with his papa, and I am finding my minute.

Hm. The start and the end of the day, both so cozy and sweet. But between those two plates was a day of J' working on and on at the cabin (he sanded the floors 6 times today trying to work out the weather damage before they're sanded). It was a day where I scraped thawed horse manure and dumped the wheel barrow on the way. It was one of me expressing impatience as J clung and fussed and bathed in the dog bowl and unwrapped the (newly wrapped!) gifts. It was a morning where I craved a nap, an afternoon where I craved a 'sitter, and an evening where I cranked up the carols and declared, "We ARE having fun!".

Ha. But now, yes, we have enjoyed our supper plate and the lights are lowered and evening has come. It's an evening for Christmas baking and Baileys, a book by the fire, and hope for the morning.

Ah yes. Aren't Mondays beautiful? :)


0 comments: