Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good morning 


Jem arose at 5:00am this morning; something to do with staying at Grandma and Grandpa’s house I suppose.... I wasn’t overly impressed and can hear coffee #2 calling my name. We’re in the city for the weekend for an early Christmas celebration and a break from the hectic pace of building the cabin and such.

I often feel overwhelmed and exhausted in the midst of urban visits. This time, however, was unique. As I went through the errands and conversations and traffic, I found myself inspired. I felt increased desire and energy to write, create, learn, and change. I think there is a unique rhythm developing with our isolation at the ranch and our forays into urbanity. In our isolation we have opportunity to read, think, write, and talk about it. When we venture back into the city and social interactions we are able to apply new ideas and be reminded of varying expressions of belief and practice. I am finally able to appreciate the crowds and groups and ‘others’ as they are helping me understand myself and greater Life so much more.

Need that coffee...!

1 comments:

Kmarie said...

Sounds so perfect!!! You are so inspiring. Introspectiveness is your speciality! I love your journey... thanks for sharing it!
Love ya...(hey there is is a picture of you on my facebook:)