Monday, December 21, 2009

Our days are insane right now and I can hardly see straight. We're packing, moving, cleaning, tending the ranch, trying to be a couple and family, and oh wait, it's Christmas. It's almost too much.

An hour ago I was trying to catch up on work at the main house while talking to J on the phone (in town getting more supplies) and I looked out the window to see creatures on the lake. I was super excited and grabbed the binoc's only to see OUR HORSES were in the middle of the lake with above freeing temperatures!!! (above freezing for the past week!). What's a gal to do when she's home alone and in charge of the ranch? I tied Jem on my back, grabbed a quad and a grain bucket, alerted the cabin crew (for safety), and went on my mission. We made it safe and sound-- yay! But dang, how crazy is that? I mean, they oculd have totally broken threw and I would have been powerless to stop it! It takes a LOT of work and a LOT of energy and awareness to keep up a place this size.

anyways. Just catching my breath. The sky has suddenly opened up with huge flakes. It's so beautiful....

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! That is scary!!

farmama said...

Hi Dea,
I've been so busy and have missed many posts here. Your house looks incredible! How exciting to be moving in in a couple days! What a scary scary thing to see the horses out on the ice! Wow! Good job rounding them up Mama! Your amazing! I wish you and your family all the best....good luck moving!
much love,
sara