Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hello Monday!
Um, scratch that, ha, Hello TUESDAY! Wow, time is flying! The past few days have been filled with all kinds of experiences and conversations. As a family, we're finding a rhythm and contentment that is comforting and maintainable. As a business team, we're gaining momentum and wonder. As a mama, I'm lacking in sleep but remembering to take pause and celebrate this beautiful life I nurse and hold. As a woman, ha, I need a haircut!

GreenValley Update:
Two very significant things have taken place.
1. As of yesterday we officially 'exist'. Yup, the city approved our appeal and granted our license (with limits). So we can really move ahead!!! Hurray!!!
2. I just came home from a significant meeting with the city's economic planning committee.
In the course of the meeting I:
- Realized just what a country bumpkin I am.
- Thanked the Lord for the one sharp business-like dress he provided.
- Decided I need to deal with the hair on my head if I'm to interact professionally.
- Performed quite well given my entire lack of experience in actual 'business' relations.
- Was given an offer for a few months FREE LEASE on a building for our shop, once we're prepared to take that step.
(did you catch that one??? WOW)

In response I:
- Shoke hands, nodded my head, exchanged business cards.
- Pretended I wasn't wearing 10 year old pants under my adorable dress.
- Walked out nonchalantly.
- Sat outside the building in the sun and let it all just swirl and move around me for about 20 minutes.

So now I'm home, sitting in my dress and decade-pants, looking at cherry blossoms and wanting to brew some beans. This evening I'm stepping out to mingle with the Chamber of Commerce; network, connect, etc. (Like I know what that means). Maybe I'll wash my hair. Hm.

0 comments: