Monday, April 13, 2009

"And it goes on and on..."

Life is good.
This evening I was making hot chocolate for the boys. We were out in the trailer, Jack Johnson in the air (as usual), Jem dancing, J' reviewing baseball, milk about to boil over. Standing there, looking at my little family in our tiny house I found myself smiling. I thought, "This is one of those moments will look back on. Ten years from now we'll smile and say, 'Remember those evenings in that stinky old trailer? Remember how small Jem was and how crazy everything seemed? Remember when...?" And then it'll keep rolling on.

To be honest, I wasn't feeling quite so fond of our home this morning. We had a beautiful long weekend and spent a lot of time in the house as well as out with a dear visiting friend. It was SO refreshing to spend time with valued people, to sprawl out, to see new places, to eat unlimited good food. However, it did serve to remind me as to how deeply I still hope for a bit more of a house someday. I'm a kitchen kind of person. I'm a pictures-on-the-wall kind of gal. I am blessed with what we have and recognize that I have more than I need, but I still do look towards a home that doesn't shake in the wind quite so easily.

Anyways.

Today was good and is good. Update!
- GreenValley beans have hit the public market!!! Our first try at selling in a local market began today. I'm not sure if the owner is a huge fan of us, and we're not sure if we're getting a decent price (kinda oblivious as to percentages of mark-up and such) but they're in the store and that's cool. Massive step #52: You can now purchase our beans at SKT Market at Airport/Yale Rd. Um...please do!
- Contacted Chamber of Commerce.
- Contacted a great Council connection through the Mayor
- On the brink of a really really cool church connection...maybe. I won't go into it until we see where it goes.
- The contact at the paper might be leading to a sweet late entry to a 'ladies night' tradeshow on Friday. Eeeks! It'd be me and the coffee with a bunch of local gals ready to shop all night. COuld be awesome! (Especially if the GreenHomes bottles arrive so I can sell some product as well!)
- A local cafe (that random cult-like connection I mentioned awhile back?) might run our beans! I think they see it as a means to evangelism.... I've remained honest with my beliefs and intentions ("I want you to buy my coffee") so we'll see. they gave me a free Yerba Mate Latte and cinnamon bun, then bought a pound of Domincan. Hm.

And general life...
- My garden sprouted today! Ha! Yay!
- Tomorrow is my last afternoon with my Albertan friend. Then it's back to aloneness.
- I drink a lot of coffee. It's good.

0 comments: