Thursday, April 23, 2009







Today was productive and challenging. We worked hard; roasting, packaging, labeling, and preparing for Saturday's little tradeshow. The coffee is prepped, the little GreenHomes products are decent, and now there's just the paperwork and decor left to put together. Phew! I'm anxious to get this one out of the way so I can return to working on the official business plan.



I found the day more challenging than some have been of late. One factor in moving west instead of elsewhere was the effect the milder climate would have on my health. I have a condition (fibromyalgia) which often causes incredible pain, exhaustion, and anxiety. I'm socially awkward as it is, but when the FM is in motion I'm a blubbering clutz. With Jem nearing 30 pounds and the our days fairly filled with action, pressure, and thought, I'm not quite sure how to incorporate the total rest and stillness (and drugs please!) that alleviates the pain. So. Yeah. This is me on my public blog say, "Ouch!" Sometimes it's comforting to just share that the pain is real and present, even if it's just to the silent blank-faced screen.
We have things that have to be done and I have to pick up Jem when he's in need. The pain will lift with the sun and warmth. For now I'll get the kiddo ready for the evening then find a cozy drink and a blanket with my man. In the midst of everything we've done well today. Our God will be our strength. How thankful I am that He uses the foolish and ignoble things of this world....


Anyways.
Other thoughts from today:
- Had a roasting fire a few days ago. Pretty scary but our roaster was saved!
- I was just invited to a 'women and business' evening. More awkward small talk but who knows, maybe we'll meet our big buyer
- Sounds like the Chamber of Commerce wants to brew our beans for all of their functions. Cool :)
- Tomorrow we might check into the market that has been selling our beans. We'll see if any sold... Kinda nervous....


And some pictures :) (GreenHomes products, exploring the river, baby feet)

0 comments: